Tuesday, September 06, 2005

gtsports.blogspot.com

Somehow I got a link on the Georgia Tech Sports Blog ... thanks for the mention. I'm trying for something a little different here, GT Sports Blog is the best site on the net for Georgia Tech related news and information, I go there before ajc.com each morning because I swear he beats the staff writers to most of the stories. Wreck Ramblin (Goldtimer's blog) is the best source of information on the general gameday experience, personal photographs, etc. There's no way I could do any of that better.

What I'm shooting for is a more informal site with my impressions of college sports in general, though from a decided GT slant. My friends come from all the southeast (and here in Lawrence, KS where I am now) so we are all over the place on our viewpoints. One of them is even a real life University of Kansas football fan, which I didn't think actually existed. Yes, they do play football.

So anyways, hopefully my site can fit in with the Georgia Tech Sports Blog and Wreck Ramblin and help provide a funny and sometimes accidentally insightful addition to the GT sports blog collection.

Oh, and on real sports commentary. #11 is too high for GT right now, but thanks for the dap there Mr. Mandel. Now please admit that Chan Gailey isn't the worst coach in America and that you were a dolt for writing that in the first place. Other than that, I'm thrilled to see us in the top 25 for the first time since I was a student and Joe Hamilton was carving up defenses. That's great to see, and a good sign that Chan has the program on the right road.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, we were in the top 25 in 2001, when Godsey was the starting qb. We started the season ranked #13 I believe.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

You are correct, I forgot Godsey was the QB that year. For some reason I was brain cramping that O'Leary quit the year before.

We actually started that season #10, and were ranked until we lost to UGA.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have a buddy that is an actual Jayhawk football fan, then please tell me that you showed him this link from EDSBS.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=903

7:34 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Yeah, that picture has gotten a lot of run in the Lawrence area. It's from "The Kansan" the school student newspaper.

No idea what on earth they were thinking when they had it taken. That being said, I do like the new KU uniforms.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Scott from the GT Sports Blog here. I put a link to your site up because I am all about GT Sports. The more the better. I just found your site last week, and I like what I see. Keep up the good work.

Scott
GT Sports Blog

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home