Saturday, October 15, 2005

Jason Collier, you will be missed




I don't know how to even begin to react. That is now 2 players dead from the 1999-2000 team, players I watched in person from the student section. The frailty of human life is something we live with every day, but choose to ignore or shove to the back of our minds until something like this jerks us back into reality. If an extremely healthy young man like Collier, who lived an exemplary life and had a wonderful family, can suddenly die - it can happen to any of us.

Our thoughts and prayers to his family, and especially to his wife and young daughter. I lost my mother when I was a teenager, I can't imagine losing a parent at an even younger age when you can barely understand that daddy is never coming home again. My heart aches for her.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home