Monday, August 14, 2006

Blogpoll, It's Back and Better Than Ever!


Brian over at mgoblog did a fantastic job with the Blogpoll last year, and this year he's done yeoman's work in revamping the interface and adding features making it easier on us voters to, you know ... vote. What hasn't changed though is that crazy homerific bloggers with strong regional preferences are picking the top 25. Suprisingly, this makes us only half as biased as the professional sportswriters and coaches who contribute to the "real" polls.

So without further ado, here's my first ballot of the season. It's not due to be finalized until Wednesday - so if you think I'm a complete moron putting Navy and Arkansas in the top 25, feel free to tell me so, I'm willing to consider anyone for 20-25.

RankTeamDelta
1 Texas 25
2 Ohio State 24
3 Southern Cal 23
4 Auburn 22
5 Notre Dame 21
6 Louisiana State 20
7 Florida 19
8 Florida State 18
9 Cal 17
10 West Virginia 16
11 Louisville 15
12 Miami (Florida) 14
13 Oklahoma 13
14 Virginia Tech 12
15 Clemson 11
16 Iowa 10
17 Penn State 9
18 Oregon 8
19 Michigan 7
20 Arizona State 6
21 Georgia 5
22 Boston College 4
23 Georgia Tech 3
24 Navy 2
25 Arkansas 1

Dropped Out:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

I assume you're going with the Texas is #1 one until somebody proves to me otherwise reasoning? I don't entirely disagree with that, but losing Young hurts them a lot and I don't think they survive OSU. Even if the game is in Austin.

I think you have UGA too low, QB controversy and all. As far as I'm concerned, Richt has earned the benefit of the doubt until otherwise shown.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Philip said...

I thank you for not putting Tennessee in the top 25. They are having too many distractions and are trying to implement a new offensive scheme. I think they'll win more games this year, but not many.

LSU fans smell like Corn Dogs!

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Navy? Is that a Duke pick or is it serious? I know they usually have a pretty good record, but look at the schedule they play.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home