Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Twists and Turns of the Recruiting Trail ...

A message board "interview" with a poster who is (or is posing to be) Thadeus Young has popped up on the internet and is getting a bit of publicity now. It is extremely frank regarding TY's situation with UNC and eventually GT, and is probably not the type of thing that fans of GT will be excited to read.

I have no problem if a kid comes to GT after maybe wanting to play somewhere else originally - I firmly believe that events happen for reasons we can't understand at the time and that TY was meant to spend time in Atlanta, but I also can see how some people would have their egos bruised because they see comments like these and take them extremely personally.

The "interview" can be found HERE, it is by Clint Jackson - a former Scout.com writer who now runs his own site. I am efforting through a couple of channels to confirm the validity of what is written there, in no way am I confident currently that is actually TY making those comments. The reason I posted this tonight is because hopefully I can break the story to a few GT readers in a calm manner, the potential for a flamefest on a few message boards is certainly there and maybe I can induce a bit of reason into the situation. If I can independently confirm or disprove the validity of the comments, I'll update this immediately.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been removed from the board....

7:53 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Yep. Many of the comments have been copied and pasted to other boards, so this story isn't dying anytime soon (especially in UNC land). I'm not going to post any of it up, because quite frankly I'm not sure I trust any of it to actually be from TY, but if you're looking, I bet you can find it pretty easily.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home