Basketball Recruits in Action
All of GT's key basketball recruits from the '07 class, and several from the '08 class will be in action this weekend at various AAU events - with most of them playing in the Wallace Prather Memorial Classic on the Georgia Tech campus. That tournament is named in honor of Wallace Prather Sr. - the founder of the powerhouse Atlanta Celtics (who will be the "host" team for the tournament). The other major AAU tournament this weekend is the Jayhawk Invitational on the University of Kansas campus, which will feature most of the key AAU teams from the midwest.
Players (and their AAU team affiliations) to keep an eye on if you choose to attend either event this weekend.
- (PG) Tyrel Reed, KC Pump 'N' Run U17 - Jayhawk Invitational
- (PF) Gani Lawal, Georgia Stars U17 - W. Prather Memorial
- (SG) Lance Storrs, Georgia Stars U17 - W. Prather Memorial
- (PG) Maurice Miller, Team Memphis U17 - W. Prather Memorial
- (PF) Howard Thompkins, Atlanta Celtics U16 - W. Prather Memorial
- (SF) Chris Singleton, Atlanta Celtics U16 - W. Prather Memorial
- (C) Xavier Gibson, Georgia Blazers Black U17 - W. Prather Memorial
- (PF/C) Al-Farouq Aminu, Georgia Stars U16 - W. Prather Memorial (uncertain)
RamblinRed over at The Hive has more details for the Wallace Prather Memorial and since it's on the Tech campus it should be fairly accessible to local GT fans who want to see the future of Tech hoops. I will be in attendence in Allen Field House for the Jayhawk Invitational and will have pictures, possibly video and a full write up after the weekend - particularly focused on Tyrel Reed who (along with Maurice Miller) is the probable final piece to the '07 class for GT hoops.