Thursday, November 10, 2005

Bill Curry - You're Not So Bad

Bill Curry is a nut a large portion of the time, and his crazy "old coach" off the wall opinions on ESPN crack me up. But in his column today on ESPN.com he talks about Spurrier having to coach against his alma mater this weekend, and spends several paragraphs talking about attending his 40th reunion at GT. Whatever else has happened over the years, he still obviously feels an attachment to the school and to the football program, and for that you have to at least smile.

[...]Before now I have never thought much about the baggage that would accompany such a moment, but pondering it gives me a headache. When the white and gold runs on the football field behind the Ramblin' Wreck, I'm running out there with them, every time. I honestly don't know if I could handle my players on a rival sideline without betraying myself[...]

Amen.

(Photo from gtalumni.org)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home