Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Video killed the radio star

So, I've been playing around with my TiVO and have been saving GT games to my PC using Tivo To Go and then cutting the commercials out and saving them as MPEG-2 files with VideoReDo (which works with native .tivo files seamlessly - it's pretty nice). Between my GT games and my wife's KU games, we're going to have a decent DVD archive in no time.

Anyways, I can't just put up entire games on this site for download, as cool as that would be, because I'm sure I'd be getting a note from someone's lawyers within about 30 seconds. What I have thought about doing though is putting up highlight videos the day or two after each game - not in the format of the Goldline videos (music track, quick cuts between scenes), but with longer scenes and some of the commentary - i.e the entire possession leading up to Zam's shot against BC so you can see the play develop, etc. If you would be interested in something like this, and would actually watch / download videos, put a note in the comments and if there's enough interest I'll start posting them after each basketball game.

Also, look for some information about podcasts here soon - we'll be initially doing around one a week during the basketball season, maybe more as the ACC tournament and NCAA tournament approach - and commentary on baseball as the season kicks off.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be interrested in the videos

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Videos? Cool.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

I would definitely be interested in the vids. Thanks.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home